The Cheyenne Downtown Development Authority (DDA) was created pursuant to W.S.S. 15-9-201 with the duty to restore or provide for the continuance of the health and vitality of Cheyenne’s downtown district. To do this, the DDA has created the Business Logo Design Pilot Program to provide logo design services for downtown business tenants and owners that do not have a business logo to contribute to and enhance the community branding and general business aesthetic of downtown Cheyenne.
The Business Logo Design Pilot Program is designed to support local businesses that contribute to the economic sustainability, redevelopment, and revitalization of the downtown district by enhancing the overall branding and aesthetic of downtown Cheyenne. This program provides access to logo design services to downtown business tenants and owners in the DDA District that:
- Have opened, acquired or operated a local business for a minimum of one (1) year and;
- Do not currently have access to a business logo or does not have a business logo that accurately reflects the mission and vision of the business
The Business Logo Design Pilot Program provides business owners and tenants the ability to work through the logo design process with program partner agency, West Edge Collective, to create a business logo that reflects the unique personality and branding of their local business.
The DDA also offers two (2) additional grant program resources for business and property owners to maximize development and revitalization efforts in downtown Cheyenne:
The Storefront Enhancement Grant (SEG) is a reimbursement grant program that funds up to 50% or $10,000 (whichever is less) of a project’s eligible exterior improvements that enhance the overall streetscape and walkability of the downtown district.
The Building Improvement Grant (BIG) is a reimbursement grant program that funds up to 30% of a project’s total eligible capital improvement costs, with a maximum grant award not to exceed $50,000 per project. This program is designed to update buildings to meet modern building codes, accessibility regulations, and to increase the useful life of a building.
For more information about these grant programs or to learn about other resources available to business and property owners within the DDA District, please contact the Cheyenne DDA Office or visit downtowncheyenne.com/grant-initiatives.
Who Can Apply?
- Downtown business owners and/or downtown business tenants who:
- Are located within DDA District;
- Have owned and/or operated a local business for a minimum of one (1) year;
- New business owners who have purchased an existing downtown business that would like to update the business’s existing logo, and/or;
- Do not have a logo that can be used for their business marketing and branding
- Applicants must be located within the DDA district boundaries and have opened, acquired or operated a local business for a minimum of one (1) year
- Business Logo Design Services are provided exclusively through program partner agency and program participants must agree and follow design process, timeline and project scope set forth by the partner agency
- Final logo designs provided through this program cannot be transferred, sold or utilized by any entity other than Program Participant
- This program funds up to $5,000 of logo design services provided by the partner agency and any additional services will be provided at the expense of the program participant
- Once the logo design services are completed, program participants are not eligible to reapply for this program on behalf of the same business
- Priority will be given to applications that demonstrate a clear need for services
If you have a question about the eligibility of your business, please reach out to DDA VP/Managing Director Haylee Chenchar at 307-433-9730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Contact Haylee Chenchar (307-433-9730 or email@example.com) to verify business’s eligibility for the Business Logo Design Pilot Program.
Step 2: Applications may be submitted through the DDA website (downtowncheyenne.com) or in person at the DDA Office (109 W. 17th Street) and are approved on a rolling basis contingent on program funding throughout each fiscal year. Priority will be given to applications that demonstrate a clear need for services.
Step 3: Once the application is approved, the applicant will meet with program partner agency, West Edge Collective to discuss and sign a service contract and determine next steps.
Step 4: Once the design process has been completed between the program participant and the program partner agency, the final logo asset will be delivered digitally by the program partner agency to the program participant.
Step 5: Once a project has been completed, program participants must credit DDA and program partner agency West Edge Collective for logo design service through any print, social media or formal promotion of the final logo and must display program participant material provided by the DDA for a minimum of 6 months.
Design Process and Timeline
Once the project application has been approved, the program participant will work directly with the program partner agency through the design process.
The Logo Design Pilot Program funds up to $5,000 of logo design services provided by program partner agency West Edge Collective. Any additional work or design services requested by the program participant outside of the design scope of work that is funded through the Logo Design Pilot Program will be additional charges incurred at the expense of the program participant.
Final logo design assets will be delivered in digital format to the program participant by program partner agency West Edge Collective.
Once a project has been completed, program participants must credit DDA and program partner agency West Edge Collective for logo design service through any print, social media or formal promotion of the final logo and must display program participant material provided by the DDA for a minimum of 6 months.
Logo Design Application Form