Director of Business Attraction
Cheyenne LEADS Director of Business Attraction:
Cheyenne LEADS’ mission is to propagate a healthy economy in the City of Cheyenne and Laramie County, Wyoming. LEADS does this by focusing on recruiting and retaining primary jobs and attracting new capital investment. Our Vision for the future is that Cheyenne will become the northern anchor of the Rocky Mountain Front Range and is one of the most vibrant 21st Century economies in the nation. LEADS’ 2030 big goal is to celebrate the creation and attraction of the 10,000th job since our founding in 1986 and surpass $5 Billion dollars in new tax revenues and capital investment.
To accomplish this LEADS needs a dynamic, persistent, and self-motivated Director of Business Attraction. The Director of Business Attraction will be a part of a high functioning team of seasoned professionals which includes the CEO, Director of Business Retention and Expansion, Director of Marketing, and the Operations Manager. The Director will plan, organize, manage, coordinate, and implement programs and projects that support the attraction, relocation, and expansion of domestic and international businesses. The Director of Attraction will support the CEO in attaining all goals and objectives identified by the LEADS Board of Directors in the recently adopted 2020-2025 Strategic Plan. The Director of Attraction will work closely with the Director of Marketing to develop and implement a strategic, targeted, and successful branding, marketing, and attraction campaign. This position will be a point of contact for attraction and investment related to new business leads and projects, from prospecting to project completion including proposal preparation.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Execution of all business attraction and investment efforts.
• Proactively pursuing targeted industry companies nationally and internationally as outlined in the strategic plan.
• Develop, plan, and implement a VIRTUAL/Technology Rich business attraction program, utilizing social media of all types, development of video content, a dynamic website, and the newest approaches to marketing in a COVID-19 environment. This is in collaboration with the CEO and Director of Marketing.
• When possible develop, plan, and execute FAM tours, tradeshows, trade missions, out of market visits and talent recruiting efforts in partnership with the Director of Marketing.
• Create and manage relationships with site selectors, consultants, commercial brokers, developers, regional stakeholders, utility companies and prospective companies. This is in collaboration with the Director of Business Retention and Expansion.
• Maintain prospect information in Executive Pulse and prepare the Prospect Dashboard monthly for the LEADS Board meetings.
• Remain current on economic conditions, trends, and economic development programs in the State of Wyoming, nationally and internationally.
• Work cooperatively with the City of Cheyenne, Laramie County, The Laramie County Economic Development Joint Powers Board and the Wyoming Business Council on new business attraction campaigns and prospecting efforts.
• Seek opportunities to work with and support the efforts of the Greater Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce, Visit Cheyenne and the Cheyenne Downtown Development Authority/Mainstreet, to brand Cheyenne and Laramie County, Wyoming as a place of choice for business development.
• Assist with membership recruitment and retention efforts
Supervision: This position reports directly to the CEO
The Ideal Candidate for this position will have a Baccalaureate Degree (BS/BA) in any field, 5-7 years of experience in an economic development or business development role at a government entity, business, chamber of commerce or economic development organization. Completion of International Economic Development Council (IEDC) training, CEcD completion or University of Oklahoma Economic Development Institute classes is desirable. Candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills and demonstrate a track record of successful business and investment attraction. Passion for success, dogged persistence, and an ability to work cooperatively and creatively in a fast-paced office/remote environment is necessary.
Additional information: Currently Cheyenne LEADS has contracted with Ernst and Young to complete a Competitive Assessment and Targeted Industry Analysis. This effort includes an update of the region’s Workforce Development Strategy, the preparation of an economic and demographic data book, benchmarking against twenty US communities and guidance with attraction and retention messaging and programming. In addition, LEADS has contracted with the University of Wyoming to complete an economic impact analysis of the companies LEADS has attracted to Cheyenne and Laramie County since 1986. These reports will be completed by the time the new Director of Attraction starts the position in 1st quarter 2021.
Job Title: Director of Business Attraction
Business Name: Cheyenne LEADS
Job Location: 121 W 15th Street #304
Job Summary: See Description
Job Type: Salaried, Full Time
Job Requirements: See Description
Hours: Full Time
Pay Range: $65,000-$75,000 annually
Benefits (if any):
Start Time: Q1 of 2021
Apply Online Now
- Prepare a resume and cover letter.
- Select the orange “Apply Now” button.
- Email prepared material to the recipient.
For Businesses With Application Websites:
- Select the apply now button.
Please note: This business does not have an application website, and would like a resume dropped off in person or emailed to the address in the link above.