Hotel Front Desk Agent to serve as our guests’ first point of contact and manage all aspects of their accommodation.
Hotel Front Desk Agent responsibilities include registering guests, managing reservations and providing information about rooms, rates and amenities Customer service and work experience in the hotel industry
• Perform all check-in and check-out tasks
• Manage online and phone reservations
• Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data
• Register guests collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their stay)
• Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times
• Provide information about our hotel, available rooms, rates, and amenities
• Respond to clients’ complaints in a timely and professional manner
• Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day
• Contact emergency services and senior management as needed as public situations and safety are presented
• Maintain housekeeping duties of lobby areas, including sanitation, cleanliness, dusting, polishing of all furniture, windows and assigned work areas
• Water and manage live plants in lobby/restaurant areas
• Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy, and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
• Confirm group reservations and arrange personalized services for VIP customers and event attendees, like wedding guests
• Upsell additional facilities and services, when appropriate
• Maintain updated records of bookings and payments
• Ensure cash drawer/money counting policies are used correctly at all times
• Must be available 7 days a week for shift work
• Required to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Work experience as a Hotel Front Desk Agent, Receptionist, or similar role is a plus
• Experiences with hotel reservations software, like Cloudbeds and RoomKeyPMS, but not necessary
• Understanding of how travel planning websites operate, like Booking and TripAdvisor. Training will be provided.